Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Rugs for sale

This is my best from today, a few of us found this gorgeous little courtyard hidden away from the strong wind. It looked breathtaking when the sun lit it up. What immediately caught my eye on entering the square was the dark foliage against the bright whitewashed buildings. When the sun was out I sketched in (with the brush) where all the shadows were so I was able to continue just fine as the clouds came over. Each time the clouds parted of course the shadows had moved remarkably but I stuck to my pre-sketched plan!
The array of bright colours are rugs and clothes for sale.
I only managed three paintings today but this one took three hours (I was busy chatting to the two lovely ladies I was painting with) and is my largest at 12" x 16".

4 comments:

  1. I love it Haidee. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Une belle lumière éclaire cette dernière peinture... On y sent de la joie, du plaisir... Une belle symphonie de couleurs.
    Gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting. It's full of light and life and lots of vigour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...