Sunday, March 24, 2013

Last day in Essaouira

We've just enjoyed our last evening meal as a happy group in Essaouira. Today was almost a complete washout for me, painting wise! Rather a shame for our last day, it poured with rain the whole morning, and showered on and off throughout the afternoon. I twice went out with painting kit only to return to the hotel each time after sheltering with a couple of coffees under a canopy, no painting achieved! Then after a restorative break in the hotel decided to give it one final fling! The painting wasn't up to much but at least I got out there and did it for a couple of hours.
It's been such a fantastic week and was just the tonic I'd hoped it would be, a new kick start. I find the light, the harbour, the subjects here all so exciting, and the people very friendly and interested. We painters need to get away and see new things from time to time to fuel our imaginations don't you think?
I've got a very busy week work-wise when I get back on Monday but I'll start to show you the other Essaouira paintings just as soon as I can!

8 comments:

  1. Il me tarde effectivement de pouvoir admirer vos oeuvres...
    De beaux souvenirs vont encore surgir dans vos peintures à votre retour...

    Gros bisous et bon dimanche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Haidee, so sorry you got washed out! Reminds me of our trip to Brittany last summer. I have so much enjoyed this trip through your blog and look forward to seeing all your paintings from Morocco. You are so right, we painters do get inspired by the fresh landscape, whether it is a new season or a new place. Painting is how we experience the new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept thinking about our Brittany trip - the weather here was about fifty times better! :-)

      Delete
  3. Getting away to see and experience new things is definitely good for the imagination. It's a shame your last day has been interrupted by rain but I see you were not totally deterred by it. Echoes of the Thames....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, echoes of 2012 full stop Julie! :-)

      Delete
  4. Inspiring! Thanks, as always, for sharing your experiencee, Haidee-Jo. Gets me all 'rarin' to go' paint outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Steven! Many thanks for your comment :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...