Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sparkling light, St Clements Isle

Sparkling light, St Clements Isle
SOLD

I painted this en plein air in October 2013 while in Cornwall. I had to work quickly to capture the dramatic lighting effect on the sea, and the painting has such a directness and boldness as a result. I know I shouldn't have favourites but this is definitely one of my favourites :-)

I'll be bringing this one along with me to Patchings festival. Wednesday is the setting up day and I've still got a lot to get ready before then.

This last week I've been painting frames and organising my new calendar (nearly ready!) and cards, and I've also spent a good many hours organising my Daily Paintworks gallery. I use the Daily Paintworks site as another online showcase for my work. Recently there have been some beneficial changes for me and I've been able to organise my paintings into categories. Please take a look and tell me what you think!

It should now be a place you can go to if you want to see which paintings I have available and at what price. The prices are all shown in dollars but there's an easy to use currency converter. If a painting is currently for sale through a gallery I shall direct you to that gallery but am happy to act as a go-between if you'd prefer. Also, the prices shown are all unframed prices to make it easier for international postage, but if you live in the UK and would prefer it framed in a hand painted frame as shown below that's fine, just let me know.



How it looks framed.
Framed size about 20" x 20"


2 comments:

  1. Your Daily Paintworks gallery is now even better than the last time I stopped by.

    There are two additional gallery points that I think are important and are worth mentioning here as both can play a major role in a purchase decision. The first is the fact that the unframed price includes packaging and worldwide shipping. So basically the listed price is the final price. And the second is that you accept Paypal. Using Paypal is simple and quick, especially if you, like me, happen to be halfway around the world.

    Best of success on your upcoming show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joe, I hope to make it simple for people to purchase wherever they are in the world. Paypal is so useful isn't it? Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...