Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cottage with blue shutters

Cottage with blue shutters
This house stands at a corner two or three minutes walk away from my house. I've walked past it many times and considered painting it but haven't. This year the flowers in the garden look particularly spectacular, in fact it's almost hidden by the flowers! I took Lori there and we both painted it, from different viewpoints. It's a very busy corner in summer and we attracted a lot of attention. It's also a very popular corner for people getting lost and stopping to study their maps.

4 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous winner! Your use of color is amazing! Sounds like you are having a lovely "vacation" -even though you paint every day! (I know. That IS the perfect vacation!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is such a beauty! I love the way you composed it, with the flowers obscuring the lower part of the house, and of course, the color. Now what you need is a gallery across the street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours remind me of Monets house at Giverney.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...