|Rectory with delphiniums|
50 x 60cms
I've finally got around to finishing this painting just in time for entry into the exhibition. I started it in acrylics back in early March and have finished it in the last couple of days in oils. (This doesn't work the other way round, but oils over a layer of dry acrylics seems generally ok)
I've also been trying to finish off my Douarnenez triptych which I painted during my week there. Although I came away with the middle panel looking finished enough for my liking, the right hand side panel looks a little stiff and the left hand side panel only really has the bare bones in place.
It may end up as a one piece after all!
I hate the phrase 'finishing off'! When I say it to myself my shoulders stiffen and the hairs rise on the back of my neck! I would far, far rather get everything up to a state of near-completedness (which is good enough for me!) on site and never lay a brush on it again!
Thought you might also like to see this one I did a few years ago now. It also has delphiniums in it, but the mood is softer....
|Humphrey in the shade on the terrace Sold|