Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ten min prim

Ten minute primula
Click to bid
I'm still thinking about my faster painting workshop and decided to challenge myself with a ten minute time restriction today! Simple enough subject, small board (18 x 13 cms) and paints ready to go.... it was achievable I think!
It's such a good exercise as it forces you to consider what are the most important things about the subject that you need to get down!
Here's a close up so you can see how lush and thick the paint application was...





Still euphoric over the success of yesterday's thirty minute painting I find myself asking why isn't it possible for me to do ten such paintings in a single day? It's a great theory isn't it? So why doesn't it actually WORK like that?! Answers on a postcard please...


Hmm... sounds like a challenge though...

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors and the paint application.

    What a great question about the 10 paintings. I will be interested in any replies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No replies yet Julie! But I've had another (dangerous!) thought! What about twenty-four paintings in twenty-four hours, would be a good money raiser for a charity don't you think?! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...