Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Meanwhile on a French island

Freshly laundered
Oils 8" x 10"

Meanwhile my lovely summer continues on the French island of Bréhat with the family. I painted this small oil study yesterday and am hoping to get a few more small oil paintings to take back with me as well as sketch lots and get on with writing my book! Not forgetting eating yummy food, testing the sun loungers, shopping for fresh local produce, BBQ's on the beach, strolling in the sun, playing games with the family and reading all the books I haven't had time to read...  I do so love August!



3 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds idyllic. I love this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made a day trip to Bréhat in June during our last week in France. Unfortunately my trip to Morbihan area of Brittany was a family matter that took 3 months of my life and I really didn't feel creative at all despite all the wonderful scenery surrounding me. However our trip to Paimpol, Bréhat and Lannion definitely restored my love of Brittany in difficult times. Maybe one day when I have recovered from this trip I will make a return trip. You are definitely lucky to be able to take time out there each summer. Your paintings of this area, definitely capture the light and air of the place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...