Monday, April 15, 2013

Fried fresh fish

Painting a fish stall in Morocco 

Fresh fried fish
Fish fresh fried
Fried fresh fish
Fish fried fresh



I painted this little 8" x 10" in Essaouira on my recent trip to Morocco and now I am working on a studio painting based on it, since getting back from France in the wee small hours yesterday morning. I will post progress shots soon.

I also wrote a new 'to do' list when I got back, it's three pages long and fairly terrifying. Mostly it is work or work related but doesn't involve painting, so I have had to make time for two hours painting a day despite the big list. Those hours are keeping me sane and calm.
I also feel as if I've made a big breakthrough or a new discovery in my painting but I can't put it into words yet. Be assured you will be the first to know when I do manage to verbalise it!

What's coming next?!




4 comments:

  1. Ah Haidee, I love the simplicity of your work. Love the allotment one very much! When I get some spare cash, I shall purchase one of your paintings
    Best wishes
    Jane (a la P Barker)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Janey, and I shall look forward to that! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely work and can't wait till you reveal your what's behind your new breakthrough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mick, I'm trying to understand it!

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...