Thursday, July 21, 2016

Fishermens shelter and London workshop

Fishermens shelter
Oils 14" x 18"

I had the immense pleasure of spending a couple of days in the fishermens shelter in Portscatho last year, when I put on a little pop-up exhibition with The Harbour Gallery. I was really inspired by the large window overlooking the sea and the way the sunlight came into the room. I did paint this view while I was there but I always felt that I had another one in me. 
Now I've painted this larger version in the studio and I'm really happy with it. It's one of six paintings that I'm framing up at the moment to send for selection to the Mall Galleries for the annual Royal Society of Marine Artists exhibition. 

This August I'm going to be running a day workshop at the Mall Galleries in London about 'Capturing the essence', talking about the ways I use simplification in my work. What is important to include and what can be left out?

5 comments:

  1. Bonjour chère amie,

    J'aime beaucoup cette peinture... Il y règne une âme et la lumière inonde ce lieu magique. Des couleurs fantastiques. Je vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...