Friday, May 6, 2016

Beetroot and pears



Pear blossom by the greenhouse


At last we are enjoying some gorgeous spring sunshine this week, and happily I was able to get out to my favourite local allotments. I didn't spend time looking around because this dilapidated greenhouse caught my eye immediately, and I especially liked the pear tree next to it with the sun glowing through its leaves. 



In situ, bright and breezy day

Afterwards I couldn't resist a little study of these beetroot plants nearby, with the gorgeous little glimpses of pink and red amongst the green leaves.


Beetroot going to seed

2 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous paintings of light and life Haidee-Jo. If I could I would walk away with the beetroot. A deceptively simple painting so beautifully executed. Cheers, Philippa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...