Thursday, April 23, 2015

Sketches from PAC



Sometimes in the convention I was multi-tasking, sketching and listening and drinking coffee! Apart from the sketches, which help me to remember events, I've got pages and pages of notes to read through - I haven't had time to look at them yet! Maybe I should take my notebook up to bed with me tonight. 




Here are some of my favourite quotes from the event...

Carolyn Anderson "Once you take fruit from the kitchen and into the studio, it ceases to be fruit"

C.W Mundy "The power of the suggestive is much greater than the statement of reality"

C.W Mundy "I just want to see what I can get away with"











Quang Ho "When I do a painting there's an assignment, there's something I want to learn, there's something I go after"

Quang Ho "At the heart of painting is abstract design"





C.W Mundy "I'm willing to go out on a limb"

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience, bet your still buzzing! Thank you for sharing so much. But, Do you ever sleep? 😌
    Love
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haidee-Jo I love these sketches! Can't do but consider drawing for the sake of it, the painter's lifeblood! It's been great meeting you in Monterey, and I am sure our roads we'll cross again soon, which I look forward to! Keep strong and inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...