Friday, April 11, 2014

Penzance dry dock

Penzance dry dock
                                         



I completed this painting in two sessions which is unusual for me. I did about an hour and a half with it on Tuesday late afternoon and then went back at the same time of day yesterday and spent another hour or just over. I like the dark silhouetted shapes of the buildings against the sky and the bright green mossy strip along the sunlit tin roof of the dry dock sheds.
I was fairly careful with the 'drawing' in of the buildings as I wanted everything to be accurately related, so I really enjoyed being able to treat the water with large loose brush strokes.
This is oils on canvas, 12" x 16"

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, I can feel the sun on my back and smell the mud. Let's go sailing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...