Thursday, September 26, 2013

Whitby



I've come away for a few days painting, to the north east of Yorkshire. I arrived in Whitby early evening after travelling on three trains to get here, and I have already set to work. I feel very rusty as it's been a couple of weeks since I last painted plein air, and that's no good at all! I have been teaching a lot, including a great watercolour workshop this week. Also lots of planning and bookings going on right now for next year. The diary is looking really full for 2014.
Tomorrow I'm going to be painting in Staithes all day. I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time.
I may not be able to post pics until next week though.
I feel quite at home in this part of the world, as I spent half my childhood living in North Yorkshire and my art studies began in York.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful place that. And looking forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Yorkshire. http://www.artistsandillustrators.co.uk/stan-pougher/artwork/34773.
    This link shows Bridlington harbour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...