Thursday, July 4, 2013

It's complicated!

It's complicated!
I had my first full day here in Cornwall and I produced three and a half paintings in beautiful Mousehole.
This one took the longest and had the most head scratching!
There were many times in the first hour when I thought I would give up and pack it away. The excuses went like this - 'it's getting too windy now' and 'it's a complicated subject. I've got the drawing sketched in. I should come back and finish it another day'.
Then my determination set in. I turned down my internal voices, turned up my podcast (Artists helping Artists) and carried on.
Three hours after starting, I was really glad I did it. The sense of achievement is even better when you have doubts to start with, when you get over hurdles. :-)

8 comments:

  1. Bonjour ma chère,
    Il est bon de vous suivre dans ce pèlerinage artistique.
    Je suis éblouie par cette oeuvre et la ténacité qui vous a poussé à aller au-delà de vos doutes.
    Bravo ! Le sujet n'était certes pas aisé mais si beau toutefois.

    Gros bisous à vous

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just me then, prevarication! Well done you - always more difficult without company I think, so well soldiered and fine result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haidee,
    Mitchell Albala says in his book that if you don't occasionally experience frustration during a painting, then you're not fully engaged in the creative process. I often have to remember that as the weather batters me on the hills of Yorkshire!
    I am glad you persevered with this painting as its a cracker ;
    Subscribed to your blog now, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Glynn, yes there's much frustration and discomfort in this game - thrilling all the same! Happy to welcome you to my blog family :-)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful piece of work, Haidee! So very much worth the effort. I love the way you've cropped this, it is much nicer without the sky, but I don't know if I would have seen that. Complicated is good. Well done!

    I've been listening to Artists Helping Artists as well, but haven't done it en plein air, what a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, yes I find listening to those gals helps me zone out of worrying about the painting and just get on with it - mind you, I don't really hear a lot of what they're saying either, it washes over me!

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...