Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A lane in Londonthorpe

Londonthorpe lane in snow


Here's one more recent snow scene that I'm happy with. The only thing is blogger is making the shadows look a horrible dark vibrant blue on my screen. I hope you don't see it the same way on your screen - it's actually a very lovely soft violet blue colour so you may have to take my word for it!

I love the effect of the sunlit warm stone buildings and the contrast with the cool blues of the fallen snow. One of my favourite parts is this fairly abstract area on the left hand side. Very simply stated, but describes well the bench, low stone wall and hedge topped with snow.



Detail of wall and hedge in the shade


Some thick paint, and the snow area on the roof which is the white paper left blank


Lovely brush marks



1 comment:

  1. Lovely brush marks indeed! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...