Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Crabbing at Brancaster Staithe

Crabbing at Brancaster Staithe
Oils 18" x 22"

The weather has been just gorgeous here in the last few days, hope it has been for you too. Although there's a temptation to be relaxed and go with the flow in this lovely sunshine I've been busy as ever, getting ready for Patchings Festival, ordering frames and materials, and painting both outdoors and in the studio. I've also been arranging to have a 2015 calendar made, which is rather exciting as I've never had my own calendar before. And I've designed a second volume of my little book 'Paintings of light and colour'! This contains a selection of my favourite paintings from 2013 and the start of this year, alongside some inspiring quotes and comments about the paintings. I will be bringing the new book and calendar to Patchings festival, as well as some new card designs and new paintings such as this one! 

If you would like to look through the book or order a copy for yourself please click here :-)

This painting will be one of those featured in the new A3 calendar and as a new greetings card. 
Several of you wrote to tell me you liked it already after seeing it in my last blog post, but I had further plans for it. You may have noticed that I'm really trying to put more figures in my landscape and seascape paintings, especially to paint the figure outside from life wherever possible. It's really what I've always wanted to paint and little by little I'm moving towards the possibility of painting the types of paintings I dream about painting. Hope that makes sense!

5 comments:

  1. I was delighted to get your comment. I used to try to comment on your work following you right through the Queens Celebration, your move and it kept bouncing back so I am thrilled to be able to tell you I THINK YOUR WORK IS SUPERB!
    Your figures will complete the total package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was delighted to get your comment. I used to try to comment on your work following you right through the Queens Celebration, your move and it kept bouncing back so I am thrilled to be able to tell you I THINK YOUR WORK IS SUPERB!
    Your figures will complete the total package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie, very sorry to hear you've had trouble posting comments on my blog. Am glad it worked now! :-)

      Delete
  3. Bonjour,
    Je me réjouis à chacun de vos billets.
    Je m'émerveille à chaque fois en admirant la dernière de vos oeuvres.
    J'aime l'atmosphère que dégage cette magnifique peinture avec la présence de ce joli trio.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Martine, c'est tres gentile :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...