Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Canal barges at Stoke Bruerne

Canal barges at Stoke Bruerne

A few days ago I drove a couple of hours in a south-westerly direction to meet with my friend and fellow painter Tim King. With no fixed plan of where we would paint and a dull and overcast sky (after a few hot drinks and a bacon sandwich) we found ourselves at a pretty place called Stoke Bruerne, by the side of the canal.
I don't think I've ever tried to paint a narrowboat before, although I have painted lettering onto one, and my parents actually live on one and travel around the British waterways.


















8 comments:

  1. Nice one Haidee - wish I could have joined you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must get that date sorted! Snowscape maybe...?

      Delete
    2. Now you're taking the mick - DEFINITELY before the snow comes again!

      Delete
  2. Good morning Heidee.
    Lovely painting of Narrow boats here Heidee. It must be a lovely life for your parents to live on a Narrow boat. All the best Heidee.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not far from where I live and I know it well. Although my home is only a few hundred yards from the Grand Union in Milton Keynes, like you, I have never painted these lovely boats although I have drawn them. I really like your picture and it's very interesting to see how you developed it. Thank you for sharing your methods, it's very helpful to amatuers like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kev! Taking progress pics is useful for me too, because I can look back and see how a painting developed - or where it could have gone off in a different direction!

      Delete
  4. Yes, I knew you would turn it into a masterpiece - whereas my little 7x9 was a disaster! Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed the outing - thank you! Tim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...