Friday, May 24, 2013

Working on Jennifer Mitch

Working on Jennifer Mitch
12" x 16"

This one was painted in the boatyard at Carrabelle, on my Forgotten Coast trip. It was early evening hence the long shadows in the foreground from trees and the last of the sunlight striking the top sections of the boat. I was comfortably standing in the shade, but alarmed by the number of ants around my feet and midges and mosquitos buzzing around my face!



I started off with placing the darks with a green glaze, and rubbing out the lighter shapes with a rag. I painted the car in early on because I didn't know how long it would be there. I liked the way the car showed the scale of the boat and I also liked the colour and the extra interest added by the inclusion of the car.



I next placed the highlights of the sunlight on the boat, because the sun was rapidly lowering behind me and I knew I would soon lose it.



I was pleased to manage to get the chap in on the right. He was talking to another man up on the boat but I didn't get time to include him as well!

I've been framing again, this time for The Artist/Patchings exhibition. I drove over there with them this afternoon. I love how they all look in their frames and thought you would like to see them too!

Le m├ędina, Essaouira
£650
Chicken huts in the snow
£495

Snow on the beach, Sutton-on-sea
£695





2 comments:

  1. Hi Haidee.
    All lovely paintings, but Chicken Huts in the Snow has always been my favourite.
    All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice painting of Jennifer Mitch Haidee - I see we're close neighbours at Patchings, so see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...