Saturday, May 4, 2013

Apalachicola!

The rectory, Evensong
Here I am, today was my first day painting as part of the 'forgotten coast' event in Florida.
You will never believe it, but it rained and rained and rained! It was also very windy. We're hopeful that the day after tomorrow will be clear and dry, watch this space!
Never-the-less, I am having a fantastic time here! The event is so well organised and the people are so friendly. There are lots of opportunities for the artists and organisers and other interested parties to get together, it is such a great atmosphere.
I picked up my frames today that I ordered over here and I love them so much, I am already sad about parting with them at the end of my stay here and wish I could take some back to England.
Despite the weather I managed three paintings today, as my friends Lori Putnam and Dawn Whitelaw found places we could shelter from the wind and rain.
This is my third, the house belongs to a rector apparently and you can see the spire of the church just behind the roof. There are so many pretty houses here.

I had some good news from back home today, my (barely dry) painting 'Fresh fried fish' has been accepted into the Society of Women Artists exhibition at the Mall galleries in London. It's the first time I've entered so it's really nice news, and I am looking forward to visiting the exhibition very much.

3 comments:

  1. I hope the weather improves for you, you seem to be fated to paint in wet weather. Congratulations on having your painting accepted into the SWA exhibition. Happy Painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great start to your trip and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your FLorida output.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...