Friday, April 12, 2013

White sails on a windy day

White sails on a windy day
I'm coming towards the end of my five day break on the île de Bréhat now, and the weather has been disappointing with lots of rain! I've only managed three painting trips out on the island and one was completely rained off - I mean you should have seen me standing on the rocks with my easel trying to huddle under a flimsy umbrella while it poured down all around me- impossible to pack up or do anything until it stopped (by which time my easel was holding an inch of water with my brushes swimming, my palette containing more water than oil!).
This was my next, rather more successful outing. It was pretty windy but the rain held off.
It struck me that plein air painting is very like riding a horse, in that if you fall off/ have a disaster you need to get back out there and have another go just as soon as you can.
It makes everything better.

2 comments:

  1. I admire your determination and it was well worth the effort, this is stunning!
    Hope you have enjoyed your rest?
    Cheers
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! I have enjoyed a break :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...