Thursday, April 4, 2013

Walls at Essaouira


Here's another one painted plein air on my trip to Morocco. It's one of my smallest at 10" x 8". This is really the smallest size I like to work, any smaller and I get all fiddly and want to use tiny brushes and perhaps end up with something that doesn't look as though I painted it!
I remember the sky was rather changeable on this particular morning with the sun coming and going. I wanted to capture the tower lit up in front of the dark sky and the long morning shadows stretching across the square. That's all. I'm quite a simple creature really with simple ideas.

And now it's time to head to Bristol... I'll try to blog about the event but if I don't manage it I will be in touch next week from Bréhat!

2 comments:

  1. La lumière est si particulière dans ce pays et je trouve que vous l'avez parfaitement apprivoisée et capturée.
    Belle peinture.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Martine! Gros bisous á vous

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...