Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mud tracks 4 - towards Barkston

Lincolnshire mud tracks 4

I went out looking for some mud on Tuesday and found this spot looking towards Barkston church. I managed this little painting (8" x 12") but it was very windy and cold! Apparently we're due snow at the weekend, we haven't had any yet this winter. I'm desperate to paint some snow again!

Did you have a guess about my other favourite two painters of all time? Peter, you got one right and Sharron - wow! You were spot on! My top three best ever painters are Sorolla, Sargent and Van Gogh!

4 comments:

  1. Mud. Mud is good. I occasionally paint muddy corn fields in western Massachusetts. I am happy to see that someone else likes to paint mud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice to meet you Bob! I seem to love tracks left by vehicles in mud or snow, do you? I also love the rich reds and purples to be found in the mud :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the mud painting Haidee, but if your short of mud then come and visit the South West! We only have mud as its rained so much, but you and your easel may even get stuck in it! You have given me an idea, from where I am sitting I have a clear view across the muddy fields so I am just going to 'have a go' as no one's around to laugh at my effort!!
    Joy London ukx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have inspired you Joy! Good to see all that mud in a new light isn't it?! ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...