Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Vintage British tea party

Vintage British tea party
Acrylics on linen canvas 12" x 16"
This is the painting from yesterday, I do think I will have it made into a birthday card. I never pre-plan the painting that I'm going to do when I turn up to an art group to do a demo, any more than bringing the subject along. In this case I had a selection of cakes and china and other bits and pieces, sometimes it's flowers, or a portrait of somebody from the audience... or something else. This way every group gets a different experience and a one off painting unique to their afternoon or evening. It's very important to me that the people attending get to see the whole process, from inspiration and the blank canvas through to finished painting. Sometimes a two hour session minus twenty minute tea break is a bit too much of a stretch for finished, so we end on almost finished! Yesterday I had three hours fifteen minutes from entering the building to everything back in the car, so it felt positively leisurely! Demos and workshops are the only times I use acrylics now, I never get them out in the studio because I love my oils SO MUCH! (sorry for shouting!)

I've been to the printers today to organise my Christmas cards, and I've been asking about producing a 2014 calendar. Now I will need to find and paint the twelve seasonal images required!

Would you like a preview of my little book? There are 100 pages so although it's small (7" x 7") it packs a lot of inspiration! It's available to buy from Blurb, or email me directly.
Take a look at little book...


6 comments:

  1. I've purchased two of your books so far! One for me and one for one of my dear painter friends! besides the gorgeous paintings, the quotes are wonderful. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy! I hope it gives you lots of inspiration! X

      Delete
  2. Haidee, how many pages are in the full book? The preview is very nice, but I want to see all of it... Time to buy, eh?

    Love the birthday tea, so pretty in blue and pink. wish I could be there to drink it with you.

    And a calendar, such a great idea. Are you going to include the country-side, London, and Brehat? I want to see them all. And do give us ruts in the snow, I love those very much, and the beach, and the agapanthus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbi! You're just like me.. so many ideas, so little time! There are 100 pages in the book and I will remember your calendar suggestions! X

      Delete
  3. Your birthday tea and cakes look a treat! Great colours. And I love your book and the quotes make it even more of a treat!

    Well done and I hope you sell loads.
    Best wishes
    Joy LondonUk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...