Monday, November 5, 2012

Knees, fingers and toes!

Detail from Camille aged 14, work in progress


           
Here we are again back in England after a lovely break on Bréhat.  Yesterday I gave my studio a good clean and tidy ready for today (it's not just me that messes it up - it's the three cats too). I've got a busy few weeks coming up with demos and workshops but then I'll be off to Venice painting for a week, which I'm very much looking forward to. If the hotel wifi works, I'll be able to keep you updated with daily Venice paintings!
Today I've been painting my other portrait commission, but I can't show you that yet.
This is a painting of my daughter Milly that I started this summer in our Bréhat house. It has many similarities with my current commission as both have the subject of the portrait reading, with their feet up on a sofa, a predominantly blue palette, and my view is standing looking down on them.
My favourite part of this painting is the knees showing through the holes in the jeans :-)






Some autumn sunshine today in tidy studio :-)


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyable technique with lots of interest where the various pigments show through each other. The extract works as a picture in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mick, that's an idea for a series of portraits!

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...