Monday, October 1, 2012

The gardener

Gardening at Assington Mill
Now you see him, now you don't... see my blog on September 24th for the original, painted en plein air at Assington mill.
I decided to add a figure gardening, so I looked in my sketchbooks for inspiration. I'm not sure if I made the right decision or not, but I know that you have to try these things. I also darkened up the darks and added a few details such as the little fence posts on the right. I am unsure though, it's such a difficult thing to do, transport someone into a painting who wasn't ever there!

Today I took ten paintings over to the Whisby natural world centre, south west of Lincoln. I'm taking part in a month long exhibition there with other Lincolnshire artists, and I'm going to be painting there all day Sunday 7th so come and see me if you're in the area! I will be on or near the boardwalk at the back of the centre overlooking the large lake - I'm not stupid, I know where the coffee is!

I've also been treating myself spending prize money again - I thought this easel lamp with daylight simulation bulb was a great investment for late winter afternoons or even just a dark day.



I'm so excited because I'm going to this place tomorrow - see picture below - and I'm taking a fairly big canvas so I hope it's not too windy!!


1 comment:

  1. Haidee, I think the figure works, he looks quite natural. Good for you, for going that extra bit and putting him in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...