Saturday, October 27, 2012

Breezy day on Bréhat






We are back on the island in France, and it's suitably autumnal! Painted this on Guerzido beach this afternoon. The clouds were fast moving and the sea was choppy but the beach itself was sheltered. I was perched on a rock with my 8" x 10" pochade box. Really pleased I managed to get Tim and Maisie in, walking over the rocks, as I'm planning to get more figures into my landscape work thereby combining my two major painting passions!
Nicest of all we put a big casserole in the oven before we left so I'm looking forward to a delicious 'no cook' dinner tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Un lieu que je connais personnellement et que vous avez magnifiquement capturé... Une très jolie peinture et la présence du toutou et de son maître apporte une touche très vivante à votre oeuvre. Très joli travail.
    Je serai en Bretagne à partir du 20 novembre à Plouescat (nord Finistère)
    gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Martine et bonne vacances pour Novembre! Moi, je vais à Venice le 21 Novembre. J'attend avec impatience! Gros bisous

      Delete
  2. This is another lovely painting and I love how you capture Maisie, stunning!

    Cheers
    Joy Londonuk (forgot that bit on last post!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...