Thursday, September 20, 2012

Greenwich observatory

Greenwich observatory





Work in progress with preparatory sketch

I'm sorry that I've neglected you for a few days but I'm full of cold, so I've mostly been blowing my nose and feeling sorry for myself! I did manage to get off to London yesterday and had a day painting with the jolly nice Wapping group. We were extremely fortunate with the weather, though there was a fairly stiff breeze up here on the hill so I wore my woolly hat and mittens! 
Time for winter painting kit I think, no more Mr Sunhat!
I had to be really quick with the sky on this one, and I got blinded several times when the sun peeked through the clouds!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these are just beautiful. You don't need to do much..., I'd almost leave the foreground as is. Such a sky, and such light. Sounds like a great day with your Wapper friends.

    Please don't start talking about winter, I can't bear it. I'm not through painting outside yet! Lucky you, with a mild English winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaving this one as it is Bobbi, sometimes you know that extra fiddling isn't going to add any benefit :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...