Monday, August 20, 2012

Incoming tide and bathers, Bréhat

> Sneaky me! I wanted to paint at the beach but didn't want to attract lots of attention so I decided to leave the easel at home and paint sitting down on a beach towel, thus blending in very well and appearing almost normal!
> It worked so well!
> It was low tide when I began, but eventually after finishing this one and halfway through my second I had to literally grab everything and run as the tide had reached my towel by then and almost flooded my palette.
> Time flies when you're having fun!
>
> http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plcp&v=iFlJad-9BIU

>

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Haidee! Peggi Kroll-Roberts recommended this approach, and the closest I've come is sitting at a picnic table under a tree, with the lakeside beach at my feet. I loved it. And I love these paintings, you've really got something here. And I hope you are enjoying your holiday as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbi, good to know I'm on the same lines as Peggi for a minute there! :-)

      Delete
  2. This has such a lovely sense of bright light. You included so much in the painting, what an accomplishment while sitting on a towel. My legs would go numb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, was so absorbed I didn't notice!

      Delete
  3. This painting is just great! Such clarity of light- how you painted all these figures that must have been in constant motion is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taryn! A game of speed and memory I guess! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...