Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sunrise at Port-en-Bessin

Sunrise at Port-en-Bessin
Oils on canvas panel 6" x 8"
Here's an early morning painting from our short time in Port-en-Bessin last weekend. It wasn't really worth getting up early to paint in Douarnenez as every morning when I woke the sea and sky merged together in a grey drizzly mist! This morning in Port-en-Bessin however looked quite promising. Unfortunately four or five hours later I was attempting to paint in a deluge of rain again!

This painting will be for sale in my exhibition in Nottingham next week (16th to 22nd). I've got a very busy time just now attempting to get everything ready!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting, Haidee! So beautifully loose, and yet the structure of the boats is just right. I look forward to virtually visiting your exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bobbi! I'm enjoying seeing your paintings of the trip too, By the way, thanks for mentioning me on your blog - I don't think the link you used works though! :-/

      Delete
  2. You've obviously taken the opportunity of the little glimpse of light and made a lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mick, it was just a glimpse of pink!

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...