Monday, July 23, 2012

End of Nottingham exhibition

Well the exhibition has ended in Nottingham and it's been a great week. I've met some new faces, and chatted with old friends (some from as far back as university!). I've sold thirteen paintings, a couple of giclee prints and lots of greetings cards. We closed the doors at 5.00pm yesterday and it took two hours to get it all down and into the car. It's a lot of work (and expense) putting on a huge exhibition like this but it's worthwhile. The previous time was last year when I had the gallery on the island for the summer, and before that two years earlier I was in the Nottingham gallery. Today I've been collecting my two paintings from The Artist exhibition at Patchings art centre and dropping off paintings that have sold. These are the five paintings I sold in the second half of the week...

Ile Tristan


Rectory with delphiniums


Reclining male with tattoos


Bold flowers


Chinese new year
I can't tell you how much I can't wait to go to Ireland next week to paint - I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms as I haven't painted outside since getting back from France with the Wapping Group. 
I don't even care what the weather will be like! (May live to regret saying that!)

By the way I'm going to leave the whole exhibition online and available at the prices quoted until the end of August. Click here if you haven't seen it yet :-)


2 comments:

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...