Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tower bridge with jubilee bunting

Here I am in London! We're staying overnight in Tanner Street (see map below), which is a great location for Tower Bridge.
I walked up and down the Thames, in and out, up stairs and down through tunnels. I eventually reached the Millennium Bridge. I have to tell you, that duck is considering the fact that it's a very high bridge, and so was I.
You will not believe how windy it is up on the bridge!! I hardly dared take my camera out of my pocket in case it flew out of my hands!
I do hope the easels are sturdy!

Afterwards, the sun came out for about an hour and a half and lit up Tower Bridge, which was lovely. I painted this standing next to the HMS Belfast.
I'm so glad I have managed to paint some bunting!

Even though it was nowhere near as windy as on the Millennium bridge, I still had to keep one hand on the easel!

Lovely dress bought for tomorrow isn't happening. Forget pretty. I will be warmly wrapped up!

17 comments:

  1. A wonderful painting-we are sending you SOOOO much good luck for tomorrow but I know you will be just marvellous !!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You really spurred me on! xx

      Delete
  2. Me to! WoooooooooooooooooW! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind the dress comfort comes first! love the picture of the bridge I hope you get a bit of sunshine later today its looks a bit gloomy on TV, good luck, You're my claim to fame at eh moment
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Lynn, you're absolutely right - comfort comes first! xx

      Delete
  4. Good luck for today - love the tower bridge painting. Don't blow away. Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I held on tight and tied myself down with the bunting! xx

      Delete
  5. Your a star! Just seen you on TV with your fab painting, quite the best!! Now looking forward to your posts
    Joy Londonuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy, that's very kind. Sadly you didn't get to see most of the paintings though x

      Delete
  6. I believe I saw you on TV in Australia at around 1.30pm this morning painting as a party of twenty on a bridge as the Queen sailed down the Thames. A reporter was talking to you. I saw the most beautiful painting. Please could you tell me if it was. I am nearly 99% it was. Injoy your celebrations as our Quee an countrys rejoce and give thanks to our amazing Queen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edward, I loved reading your messages on my way home! :-)

      Delete
  7. Simon & PaulineJune 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM

    Could not believe our eyes when we saw you being interviewed by Anneka Rice. Super stuff Haidee!

    We were just enjoying watching the pageant over here in France on BBC and there you were.

    Look forward to seeing you all over here soon in France.

    Love - Simon & Pauline in Antrain sur Couesnon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on yesterday Haidee and we look forward to seeing the end results.
      Peter

      Delete
    2. Thank you Simon and Pauline! Lovely to know I was in France too! xx

      Delete
  8. Hi - just tweeted your blog post on Twitter and got a bookmark for you in my draft post for Tuesday. I'd love to hear what the experience was like of painting on the Millennium Bridge - email address can be found under contact in right hand column

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in the US...I saw you on BBC America yesterday...love your paintings!
    Debbie from Texas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...