Monday, June 18, 2012

End of Patchings and start of Alice

Alice reading

I've started on a portrait commission today. I had about three or four hours painting time with Alice who was doing a great job of sitting. This is how far I've got. I didn't spend too much time on the interior and the doors to the garden as I could possibly bring the painting back to work on those without Alice, plus I have taken photos. I took the photos when the sun was shining, it clouded over quite often, but I loved the scene with the sunlight best. I love to paint a portrait of somebody in a room setting or outside because that's how we see people isn't it?

Look at this wonderful gift I received today... an Emma Bridgwater Jubilee Pageant mug with flowers from the garden, thanks so much Clare! What a gorgeous souvenir!


Of course I want to paint it just as it is but know I won't have time in the next two days!

Patchings Festival update - it went better than I ever expected and I loved the whole experience! Met so many great new people, met up with so many people I know from Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire - some I haven't seen for lots of years! Have nearly sold out of Jubilee Pageant cards already so I'm going to order some more, and sold four original paintings too.
I'm definitely signing up for next year!

Just a reminder that The Artist and Leisure Painter magazine's exhibitions are still open at Patchings art centre, and you can view all the paintings online here.

This Wednesday (20th) I still have places available on my plein air workshop at Dry Doddington and guess what folks? The weather forecast looks promising!! Let me know asap if you're hoping to come ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Alice sera une toile excellente... J'aime ce merveilleux travail de lumière qui arrive sur elle... La composition et l'atmosphère sont remarquables.
    Un bouquet magnifique!
    Gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The portrait is already a fine image, I can't wait to see it completed. Well done with sales, you deserve them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...