Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Meet the baby!






Oh my. New baby member of my easel family arrived today! How exciting! I bought it because I wanted the capacity to work larger when painting outdoors. Much as I love my pochade box I can only paint up to 30cms square with it and it's not too good with canvasses. I didn't realise quite how large and heavy this Jullian box easel would be, but it does what I want it to do. It's great for large canvasses, I just won't be able to carry it far!
I now need to decide whether to take it to Brehat next week for a road test or take my familiar friend, Mabel. A new easel takes so much getting used to...


2 comments:

  1. Great Acquisition! I hope and wish you enjoy it to the uttermost!!! I got a mabef one recently and once the weather gets better I'll be out for the big picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Adebanji! I wonder whether I could drag it all the way to London and do some painting with you... that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...