Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm back!

I'm back! Back from Bréhat and back to eating, drinking coffee, painting and blogging after a week suffering from food poisoning!
Today I've been experimenting with Oilbars, a medium I haven't used for many years! At first it felt so strange using something different! It's good to leave your comfort zone though and shake things up a bit! The subject is our group of family and friends attempting to 'pêche à pied' on the Ile de Bréhat, searching for seafood at really low tide. We weren't very successful in finding any though! A couple of cockles was about the haul, fun trying though!
It's not finished yet, but I thought you would like to see the stages...



Exciting new set of Oilbar colours!




I started out broadly sketching the shapes with yellow ochre and cerulean blue.




Adding more colours, placing the figures and white to lighten things up.




Then I used a brush and sansodor and my finger to blend the sky and dilute and soften the Oilbar colours on the wet sand.




Now I am starting to pick out the figures and details with a brush and oil paints. I'll work on the rocks some more tomorrow. Quite pleased with how it's going.

I have some more very exciting news to share with you soon, it's been hard keeping it from you! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. J'aime beaucoup voir la progression de votre travail... Magnifique.
    A bientôt,
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, I have got some myself but still stiff on experimenting-Seems to me you really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are interesting Adebanji, and it's a real challenge using something you're not used to - that's for sure! I need more practise! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...