Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Slow burn!





Definitely a slow burner this one! In between visiting the dentists, putting food shopping away, walking with Maisie and picking children up from school I had a couple more hours to work on this. To be honest with you, I'm not too sure how it's going. One step forwards, two steps back maybe!
I'm laying on the paint quite thickly with brush and palette knife and even that I'm not sure about! I think it looks a bit contrived, a bit 'technique led'!
Now looking at the three images together I can see I've gone a bit over the top with the ultramarine in this most recent stage. Oh heck!
Think I will start tomorrow's painting session wiping rather a lot of paint off...
Bear with me!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! This could be winner! It;s got good bones. I'm so impressed that you do all that you do, and still manage to paint such amazing paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime voir la progression de votre travail...
    demain sera un autre jour et vous verrez si ce bleu vous dérange alors... peut-être pas après tout !
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Nancy and Martine! I'm having a battle with this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would type in French but that is a bit beyond me!

    I love your paintings wish I could do what you do!!! I have a blog to www.clairesartyworld.blogspot.com I would love a follow and some comments:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...