Saturday, April 14, 2012

The apple generation

The apple generation
Challenging but I really enjoyed it despite the protests! Oscar with iPad, Milly and Daisy with iPod touches. I started sketching it out with thinned paint and brush, working really quickly because I didn't know how long I had with the models! I soon realised I wouldn't quite fit Daisy on and wasn't sure if compositionally it was a good idea to cut her in half but decided to carry on regardless as time was precious! Now I rather like it!
Oil on canvas board

4 comments:

  1. Love your direct and easy approach, Haidee-Jo. This is a very modern figure composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! It's spurring me on to do more work with groups of figures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed....they let you paint in oils in the living-room!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my living room! Well actually we call it the playroom, it's the room with the tv and shelves full of toys and a very old sofa. Not a very tidy room! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...