Sunday, April 1, 2012

Antique shop, Venice

Antique shop, Venice
14" x 18", oils on canvas
The final day of the wonderful Sleaford art event. This is my demo from this morning, I decided to use a couple of photos that I'd taken of an antiques shop in Venice on my last trip. I love the loose, sketchy look of this and I'm definitely leaving it that way! I guess standing up to paint helps, and also having a slightly wobbly hand from talking all the time and laughing with my fellow artists Mike Webster and Phil Janes.



I also won the art challenge (the painting of the lady archer yesterday) so here's me with champagne and trophy! I'd like to thank all seventeen of my brothers and sisters for coming along and voting for me ... only kidding! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...