Thursday, March 8, 2012

Venice on my mind!

I may have Venice on my mind lately... but tomorrow I'm heading off to Brehat to collect the painting of Camille, back on Sunday! You may not hear from me for a few days more...
I've been working on this today and yesterday, from a photo of a delightful breakfast enjoyed in Venice with my friends. This must be what is meant by La dolce vita! Apricot and chocolate filled croissants, heart shapes on top of our cappuccinos, all the time in the world to watch the Venetian world go by... that's the life!!
Anyway this 12" x 16" oil painting isn't quite resolved yet... let's hope it doesn't turn into one of that gang of unfinished pieces lurking around my peripheral vision... won't be able to touch it for a few days anyway!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous painting! Love how all is kept in the white area! Oh yes, Venice is like a dream, you could just sit there and admire forever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful paintings!
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning the Liebster Blog award. I think you and your wonderful blog deserve it. Go to my blog to see the steps you take.

    Another great painting I see..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jane, Antonio and Helen - so lovely to hear from you all! And Julie - thank you so much for nominating me for a Liebster blog award! How kind! I shall try to work out how I repay the honour! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...