Monday, March 19, 2012

Party girls!

Party girls!
Today was my 'Painting faster' workshop! It was great!
This was my demo piece which I painted in only forty minutes! I wanted to choose a complicated subject and show how I would simplify it right down to essentials. It's all about the tonal values - crucial to get right in any painting! Believe it or not, when you view this painting from a little distance (or squint your eyes as you look at this small version), you think it's photo-realistic... but it is SO not! Have a little closer peek...




I had thoughts at the time about 'finishing it off' a bit later but I no longer want to! I want to place it somewhere prominent to always remind myself how it is possible to say so much with so little!




Everyone rose to the challenge and did a great job! Eight artists, five hours = 40 paintings! Actually John did a one minute sunset too so make that 41! Hmm... future recruits for my 24 hour paint-a-thon maybe...

Pearl even had time to produce an exciting installation piece...



At the end of the day, even the props went home tired...





1 comment:

  1. Haidee-Jo, this is AWESOME!!! I love what you did and would display it prominently - for exactly the same reasons! It's gorgeous and lively. Kudos to your students for being game.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...