Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sunset over snowy paddock

Click to bid
Sunset over snowy paddock
We've had plenty more snow here and yesterday found me up a snowy hill with paints and sledge. I was battling the elements a bit, kept slipping on a patch of ice, dazzling myself with the sun and even dropped the painting face down in snow. It was around that point that I decided to go home for a lincolnshire sausage and red onion sandwich. Later, after coffee with my friends (Friday ritual!) I went to the studio to continue working on that canvas but found myself increasingly distracted by the view out of the window of the sun setting. Hence I grabbed a small prepared canvas panel and this little piece was born. It really reminds me of a sunset I painted on the beach in Brehat last year.
I love painting sunsets but you have to be so quick, and try to fix your first impression of the scene in your mind as you continue to paint. It all changes so soon, everything, not just the sky!
This painting is sold, but Sunset over snowy paddock is available now at auction, oils on canvas board, 20 x 20cms.

5 comments:

  1. Another wonderful expression of your personal environment. Are you in France I wonder when you talk of Lincolnshire sausage. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in Lincolnshire Julie but fabulous sausages in France too- lucky me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your paintings! They are so expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the lavender colour in the snow in the foreground. Beautiful.
    Happy Painting,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you painted the water here. A variety of color notes. So fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...