Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snow day Sunday

Click to bid
Snow day Sunday
Finally the snow I've been waiting for! It snowed all evening and we woke to a lovely blanket of white but there was a surprise with it - thick fog! The fog lasted all morning and I dragged my paints around in vain trying to find a subject. Trying to see anything in fact! In the two hours it cleared this afternoon I set up in this field near home and am so glad I did. The sun was weak at best but I'm happy that it came out to illuminate the snow for me.
Oils on canvas board 24 x 30 cms. The paint is fresh and wet (like the snow) but this one is up for auction now and the auction ends in seven days. Click on the link if you'd like to bid!
Here's me dragging my paints around on a sledge in the fog...


4 comments:

  1. This is a great painting! I love all the subtle shades of blues and greens and the sense of light and depth with the hills in the distance. Composition is great too. One of my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Valérie! Do you have snow in Bath? X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bice painting Haidee! you handles the soft colours really well I think, and you deserve a medal going out in the snow, you make me feel soft! might have to go out myself now! well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won't regret it Nigel! Just wrap up warm and don't go far from home, that's my advice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...