Tuesday, February 21, 2012

San Giorgio Maggiore at night


Click to bid, if you like :)
San Giorgio Maggiore at night
 No I haven't gone completely mad or been on a flying visit to Venice, but I have just found this plein air painting from 2010. I loved the way the San Giorgio Maggiore church was lit up at night so I took Mabel along (she was quite new then, and was carrying acrylic paints on that trip) and painted the view through the gently swaying gondolas at about ten pm. I had my friends with me and it was fun! They weren't painting but you know, laughing and dancing and twirling around at our good fortune to be there! :)

Today I've been painting my friend who is stuck at home with a chest infection and sinusitus. Too poorly to argue against me bringing my paints round, poor love. Unfortunately I haven't got very far with her face yet..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...