Monday, February 20, 2012

Poorly and busy, but back!

Four plein air pieces, needing a little extra something...
What do you get when you cross three birthdays, two birthday outings, one party, cake making, present wrapping, an overnight stay in Yorkshire and your eleven year old son changing bedrooms into what was the guest bedroom where you stored oodles of art materials and other miscellania WITH a horrendous cold that sees you blowing your nose every other minute and coughing every five minutes throughout the day AND night? No painting and no blogging for nearly a week that's what!! Apologies for my absence!!
Joyously I'm back, back in the studio today and here's what I've been 'breaking myself in' with...
I've found the four plein air paintings pictured above which all need a little extra work. The sunset was painted only a few weeks ago and below that my god daughter painted in a friend's garden in 2010... the two on the right painted on my last trip to Venice...

Also I've been excitedly playing with my new small and extremely portable pochade box... what we will call from now on the 'dog walking box', or even better 'Rover'. I ordered it from http://www.pochadeshop.co.uk/ and so far I am delighted with it. I now need desperately some 6" x 8" boards!! I had a lot of fun kitting it out and had a complete rejig and refresh of my usual Mabef pochade box too (we call her Mabel). Here they are together..

Little and large 
Ooh look at all this promise of paintings yet to come...


As if that wasn't all excitement enough I went the whole hog and prepped twenty six boards... yep, pretty sure I'll be in the mood for painting tomorrow!


Sorry for chatting too much, I must have missed you! :)

6 comments:

  1. great post-I love seeing artist's tools and how they prep boards. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris! I also love looking at everyone's art supplies.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We artists love our tools and supplies! Fun to see yours A very fun post. Hope you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Karen! I'm well on the way to better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back! Looks like enough panels to keep you busy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Scott! Should keep me out of mischief...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...