Monday, February 6, 2012

Melting snow and fog

The snow is melting and we are still in the grip of fog! I went to National Trust land at Belmont tower and it was the sheep that made me stop and set up easel. The fog descended and thickened all the while I was there. I intended to paint the tower at the top of the hill after I had finished with the sheep, but after an hour I couldn't even see the tower!

Good time for a coffee break!


This is the painting when I left. I had to do a little tweaking and finishing when I got home. I added a standing sheep in the middle distance, and particularly worked on the background to gain an impression of the fog coming down the hill. I'll photograph it tomorrow and bring you the finished painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...