Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lincolnshire mud tracks 2

Click to bid
Lincolnshire mud tracks 2
Following on from 'Mud, glorious mud' here's a track which is one of our usual mud walks, I mean, dog walks! Again I am inspired by the great contrast of the puddles reflecting the sky and the patterns of the tyre tracks in the mud. I can see so much colour in the local countryside, even on a grey day.
I think that tomorrow I'm going to spend a lot of time doing colour exercises, based on the colours I have used in this painting.
I now have two paintings of mud so feel excited that I may have a series! Does two paintings make a series...? Perhaps not.
I am hugely inspired by the tracks though so I may keep working on the mud theme. Unfortunately we haven't had any real snow here yet this year, but I do have hundreds of photos of snow tracks that I have not yet got round to working with. Maybe on Brehat I can paint sand tracks...
Oil on canvas board, 30 x 24 cms. This painting is available to buy now in a Daily Paintworks auction, just click on the link above if you would like to find out more.
My next post will be my hundredth!

2 comments:

  1. I like this painting very much. Is it from a photo? I am confused by Lincolnshire. Hope you do more of this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, this is a lane near our home in Lincolnshire where I often walk the dog. I take lots of photos when we're out walking, and this painting was worked from a couple of photos. I started in the company of friends on Tuesday in a lovely painting group that I started locally, and carried on with it in the comfort of my conservatory studio yesterday listening to Radio 2 with at one point a rain storm hammering down on the roof!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...