Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chinese new year

Click to bid
Chinese new year
I found out that the 'berries that look like cherries' that I mentioned the other day in 'Found objects' are crab apples! Strangely the birds don't want to eat them. They inspired me to paint a sort of homage to the chinese new year. Here's a whole sprig of them, with the tiny cup which was so rudely erased from the pear painting, and some chopsticks from my friend in Beijing. It was fun to use the long format.
Oils on thick compressed card panel, 24 x 50cms.

Other news....
I'm looking forward to running my painting holiday on the beautiful Ile de Brehat! The dates are May 6th to 13th 2012 and we are looking for a small select group! It will be heaps of fun as well as inspirational! If you would like further information please get in touch asap. Meanwhile here's a few pictures to whet your appetite... I have been missing the little island this week....


2 comments:

  1. Nice painting Haidee-Jo. I like the composition and use of the crab apple branch as a unique red element. I've been in China and Singapore during New Year and the decorations are wonderful! Rich, warm, glowing colors everywhere. I have lots of reference photos but i'm not sure if I will get around to painting a NY piece this week.
    Cheers,
    Scott
    Artist in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts Scott, it sounds as though your recent trip was inspirational for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...