Thursday, January 5, 2012

Carousel horse in progress

It's been blowing a gale here and raining on and off so I decided to
paint in my studio today. I took this half-completed painting of a
still life that I started in Whitby many moons ago to paint over
because I've finally decided I'm never going to finish it! I turned it
upside down to start, and hunted out some very complex and colourful
photos that I'd taken of horses on a carousel. I don't want to rush
this painting but equally, it's important to me that the finished
painting is fresh and painterly and doesn't look laboured over so I'll
keep you informed as it progresses!
The other photo is to show you my current studio which is in our
conservatory, and comes complete with sleeping cats Charlie and Lola!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh--I loved the flowers as they were. But I'm sure your horse will be grand too. Glorious mud is wonderful--like the abstract-ness of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...