Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bright garden hens

I think my computer has completely given up on life, so I'm experimenting with posting from my iPad again, let's hope the writing and image go together this time!
I'm also experimenting with a high key palette again!
This is another large (20" x 20") canvas, and my subject matter for this is a small pen sketch that I made several years ago, when we had a very large garden and a little flock of hens. It's very liberating to work from a sketch with no colour, as I really want to get away from the naturalistic colours of objects and use a more emotional approach. It's all a bit of a leap into the unknown, colour wise! As it stands tonight I've no idea how I take it forward from here, but find it extremely exciting none-the-less!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Haidee,
    Very beautiful 'fauve' painting!
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Love this painting. The colors are fabulous and I just love your style!! Hope you're computer problems are resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your support Antonio :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colorful paintings are so beautiful. Keep up the great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Suzanne! It's a shame I can't get a reliable photo just now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, stunning colours! I really like your work.. I came across your blog after reading the comments on some of Valerie Pirlot's work , on her blog. Will be stopping by again for sure! Judith.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...