Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day, watching TV

I have to tell you, I'm not overly pleased with today's painting, of Oscar and Pumpkin. I'm not going to bemoan the fact that Oscar kept getting up to play Lego during the sitting and that Pumpkin rearranged her furry self at least five times because frankly, blaming the subject for a poor painting is like a bad workman blaming his tools, as they say! That is the joy and the vexing challenge of painting from life! It gave us a lot of laughs anyway!
Then it pleased me no end to go for a barefoot boxing day walk on the beach, and Maisie had a really good run around.
I have a new camera now which I need to learn to use, let's hope it's good for taking photos of paintings! Then all I'll need is a computer that works for happy blogging in 2012!

7 comments:

  1. Une très jolie oeuvre... Un beau duo...
    Un moment serein pour tous les deux...
    Gros bisous à vous et faites-nous de belles photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in my humble opinion I think it's a beautiful painting, loose and free, like watercolour should be. I've been painting a large (for me) watercolour of a lily pond and had to wash off most of the paint three times, I've finally finished it but am not that happy with it, I'd prefer to have completed it in about 1-2 hours not 6! and kept that loose fluidity that is so special with this tricky medium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci et bisous Martine! I also struggled with this Nigel, it's really not a good likeness and that's my major problem with it! I know exactly how you feel! Maybe if every painting came easily we would be bored though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care if it is a likeness or not because I see a wonderful, fluid watercolor of a young boy and pet. I love it!
    Envious of the barefoot walk on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've captured the light in this painting! You say you're not happy with it because he was moving but I expect you know from past experience that it's a moment of time you'll never forget now that you've sat there and painted it! (and I'm a bit jealous I haven't found time to paint for the last couple of days!) ;o)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jess, yes that's true! I hope you can find a few hours to yourself soon! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...