Thursday, November 3, 2011

Van Gogh cauliflower

Click to bid!
Van Gogh cauliflower
Have you ever seen an orange cauliflower? I hadn't, until yesterday, when I found this one in Carrefour on a shopping trip to the mainland! I've seen, and eaten, purple ones but not orange! At first I thought it was called a 'Chou chinois' and I really liked the name but later realised that it would have been a chinese cabbage, so I had to come up with my own name! I named the painting after Van Gogh because of the bright yellow orange of the cauliflower flesh and also the thick direct paint strokes I have used. Oscar has come up with a lovely name too...'Sunshine cauliflower'!
If anybody knows the actual name, in English or French, please let me know!
This oil painting is on a square canvas panel sized 20cms x 20cms, click on the link above to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...